Recent studies show that an eCommerce store ranking high on the results page of a search engine attracts the most customers. Taking the top Google listing position gets you about 36 percent of traffic, whereas, rated on the 10th line, you have only 2 percent. The general rule is the more clicks and impressions a store website receives, the bigger its sales volumes are likely to grow. This is the power of SEO in action. However, making the force work for your benefit is easier said than done.
Search engine optimization is a complex combination of various activities to promote websites and landing pages through search engines. Therefore, automation is high on the agenda for retailers to aid in managing the large variety of tasks. From this article, you will learn how the 5-in-1 SEO pack by MageWorx helps Magento 2 merchants to master the art of SEO and automate some of the related routine.
What is SEO automation?
When we speak about automating search optimization, we usually mean utilizing special software to reduce the involved manual labor. Typically, SEO specialists use a collection of tools targeted at different jobs, such as:
- finding keywords
- tracking page analytics and search engine ranks
- creating and monitoring automated advertising campaigns
- performing website audits, or web crawling
- watching out for changes in search algorithms and other essential SEO rules
- analyzing backlinks, etc.
Full SEO automation—covering the entire range of activities related to website optimization from end to end—is neither practicable nor reasonable. At least, at the current level of technology. For instance, content creation is hardly the task you’d want to entrust with a machine or an application. The consequences can be devastating for your ranks—modern search engine algorithms observe too strict compliance rules to tolerate bad-quality or spammy content. On the other hand, automating the traffic monitoring enables merchants to get valuable customer insights in the blink of an eye and respond to any changes promptly.
Why Automation in SEO?
Although automatic is not always equivalent to more efficient or profitable, excluding the human component from certain SEO aspects provides the following benefits:
- Store owners do not have to hire extensive SEO teams, which reduces business expenses considerably.
- Automation results in substantial productivity and efficiency gains, making SEO jobs less time- and resource-consuming.
- Involved specialists have an opportunity to focus on the creative part instead of wasting efforts on the boring routine.
- Merchants can get accurate realtime trend data across multiple search engines, which allows them to adjust marketing and SEO strategies promptly.
- Automating SEO enables 24/7 promotion without having to invest extra money in the long run.
About Automation with the 5-in-1 SEO Pack for Magento 2
The 5-in-1 SEO pack by MageWorx is intended to assist store administrators or SEO specialists on your team in automating search engine optimization. Though not all extensions in the pack are related directly to SEO tasks, using the five of them in the above combination guarantees the best output both for new and existing store pages. Plus the additional benefit of getting the tools at a huge discount!
Read on for a review of the capabilities for each of the extensions in the pack.
SEO Suite Ultimate
The Magento 2 extension is an all-in-one toolkit that allows managing the full scope of onsite SEO activities—configuring page redirects, breadcrumbs, optimizing the content, etc. Its main features enable the following:
- implementing canonical URLs and tags to prevent content duplication issues
- creating SEO templates to manage essential meta elements (e.g., keywords, titles, descriptions)
- using the rich snippets functionality to make the content in the store pages catch customers’ eyes in the search results
- setting up hrefland tags to manage multi-language landing pages
- configuring XML and HTML sitemaps to improve how website data is fed to search engines and represented to store visitors
- automating cross-linking across related product pages or to reputable external sources
Both SEO pros and store owners are sure to appreciate the advantages of the suite, such as:
- One can get access to a wide range of search engine optimization instruments in a single solution. This means greater convenience, less hectic, and minimum time spent on configuring and managing SEO settings.
- The websites optimized with the suite boast a well-structured architecture. For one thing, this enhances the user experience of navigating them. On the other hand, search engines find crawling and indexing such web pages easier, too.
- Using the interface of the toolkit, you can monitor SEO issues across multiple products, categories, and web pages.
Shop by Brand
The extension in the 5-in-1 SEO pack facilitates managing and optimizing multi-brand store pages for web search and user navigation. With the extension, you can explore the following capabilities:
- Generate automatically lists of brands on sale in your Magento 2 store or design custom landing pages to lead shoppers to offerings under specific logos.
- Optimize the created brand pages for engine-based search—embed them into XML sitemaps and manage metadata.
- Set brand logos to be displayed at different locations throughout a store website, including product pages, catalogues, etc.
- Draw the attention of site visitors to certain offers by highlighting them in a logo slider.
The Shop by brand tool not only allows store owners to introduce brand-based navigation, but to customize it at their convenience and adapt to SEO requirements.
As you may conclude from the name, the Magento 2 add-on is designed to enhance website usability by improving onsite surfing. What does it have to offer to this end?
- Using the extension, store administrators can configure advanced search filter settings. These include showing or hiding complementary attributes for particular products or categories, limiting access to specific pages, etc.
- The extension makes it possible to customize the way search filters appear to a user—enable checkbox display, adjust the quantity of items on a dropdown menu, etc.
- The tool boasts compatibility with the SEO Suite Ultimate functionality. Thus, you can use the structuring capability of the module to serve and support the needs of search engine optimization.
With the instrument, you get your customers pleased with easy onsite surfing, while maintaining the search mechanism in line with best SEO practices.
Short Category & Product URLs
The extension allows you to adjust the length of the http links leading to your store. The parameter plays a crucial role in how a category or product page of your Magento 2 store ranks in the search engine results (the so-called SERPs). The shorter the link, the closer to the top it is likely to appear.
In terms of search engine optimization, the add-on enables store administrators to do the following:
- To cut links to products subcategories by excluding the parent category title.
- To verify the resulting http address for any conflicts with the already existing URLs.
In addition, the extension is fully compatible with SEO Suite Ultimate, allowing you to make it part of a sustainable website promotion strategy.
The MageWorx tool is intended to create landing pages, tailored both to your trading concepts and SEO requirements. In particular:
- The extension enables merchants to generate single or bulk landing pages catering to different advertising campaigns or supporting multiple store views.
- It features advanced options to customize product page designs—a variety of configurable building blocks, layouts, display modes, and content creation conditions.
- The module allows one to optimize newly created landing pages for engine-based search. This includes managing URLs, metadata, keywords and even incorporating the pages into the proprietary MageWorx XML sitemap.
Summing it up
The 5-in-1 SEO pack for Magento 2 by MageWorx is a powerful all-in-one search engine optimization tool, designed with the genuine needs of Magento 2 merchants in mind. The set of the extensions will accompany your store team from the very first step of creating a landing page through to promoting it on a variety of search engines.
Plus, with the free installation of all the extensions within the pack and Advanced SEO Configuration services for Magento 2 SEO Suite Ultimate―which are carried out by the SEO professionals manually― at the discounted price, this offer will bring significant benefits to both existing and just launching Magento 2-based businesses.
Extended configuration and customization options of the pack give you the freedom to build your business online by implementing efficient website design and SEO strategies. Having all the capabilities of the five extensions in the pack under your belt, you can automate most routine search optimization tasks. In turn, this will free your human and financial resources to grow and expand.